Monday 11 February 2013

Idea Progression.


I don't know if education in gaming is related enough to the project brief. Though it interests me as a topic, i feel that it would be hard to write this in an essay format, particularly when it comes to gathering primary research. I need to move my research in a more specific direction. Looking at education in gaming as a broader topic has been useful however. My research into physics puzzle games has made me think about the technology involved in making a game like that. I intend to look at existing games that use this kind of technology, what devices they work on, their possibilities and limitations, in this way i can approach more of the platform side of the brief. 

I want my research to be something that is more relevant to my area within the industry, something that i could better apply to my own goals and that will aid my in specializing. I am very visually orientated, i think it would help if i could tailor this brief to research into aesthetics, maybe more the visual or conceptual side of game design. 

No comments:

Post a Comment